The Sterling Brennan guide to renting
Renting a property has never been easier with Sterling Brennan. To help you, we have put together a simple guide to take you step by step through the process of finding your new home
Benefits of renting
- Renting has never been easier, and with house prices continuing to rise, renting can sometimes be the best thing to do, particularly if you are saving for a deposit.
- When it comes to finding a property, try web-based tools such as the Sterling Brennan Property Search facility, as this will help you find the right type of property in a matter of seconds.
- A tenant always pays a deposit before moving in to a rental property.
- If handled correctly, the deposit remains the property of the tenant until the tenant leaves the property.
- It is recommended that this amount be held by the letting agent whether they are managing the property or not.
- It should not be used for any purpose other than as stated in the agreement.
- Make sure any agent you use is a member of the Association for Residential Letting Agencies and subscribes to their code of practice.
- Always look for a letting agent that carries the TDS Agent kite mark such as Sterling Brennan as this will ensure that your deposit is protected at all times.
Things to remember
- When you find a property you like you will need to be ready to provide references and a deposit.
- You then need to concentrate on the move itself getting in touch with utility providers to arrange your gas and electric connection.
- You also need to think about insuring your possessions.
- If you have any questions whatsoever about any aspect of renting, the staff at Sterling Brennan will be only too pleased to help you.